With tech investment growing faster in the North than anywhere else in Europe, the region is indisputably now a big player on the global tech scene.
A vibrant network of start-ups, scale-ups and established players, fuelled by an enviable talent pool drawn from a number of world-class universities, has made the North a hugely attractive place to be for companies involved in everything from software development, IoT, cybersecurity, the cloud and data analytics to media production, animation, gaming and VR/AR/360°.
All of which makes now a very good time to launch an event that brings this thriving sector together. That show will be Tech Show North, sponsored by UKFast, and delivered by Prolific North and Don’t Panic.
But what does a Tech Show in the North need to encompass?
We spoke to some of the region’s leaders to find the answer:
- Martin Bryant, Tech Consultant & Writer
- Deborah McGargle, Steering Committee Member for Newcastle Tech Trust
- Paul Billington, Commercial Director, The Landing for MediaCityUK
- Richard Gregory, Non-Executive Director for Ruler Analytics, Ash.tv & Fluid Digital
- Naomi Timperley, Co-Founder for Tech North Advocates